Thursday, March 12, 2015

51 days til my Spartan Sprint...


This past Sunday, I spoke with an ex coworker who ran the Spartan Sprint last year and I asked her for pointers.  Her biggest piece of advice was that I should start getting out and running outside.  Running outside is very different from running on a treadmill.  I only have 51 days.  I had a really bad infection that I found out about two days ago that has been kicking my butt.   I thought I had the flu or it was my liver giving out on me and instead I had a really bad upper and lower UTI... no fun.  I am taking two different antibiotics now... so I am hoping I will be in full shape soon, because we are running out of time.

So another friend told me about an app called Endomondo.  So I will use that to track my mileage and I am going to try walking/jogging/running 4 miles a day on top of my regular workout.  I will plan to get up and run at 5 in the morning tomorrow.  

My focus has been on weightloss, and now for the next 51 days, it will be to prepare for the race and the other will follow.  I can start focusing back on my weight loss goals again when it is over, but for now... strength and endurance.  Running 4 miles a day outside, abs of steel before bed, eating healthy and gym in the evening 45-hour cardio and weights at night.

I can and will do this race!



No comments:

Post a Comment