Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Found an article linking Hypothyroidism, yeast, sea vegetables and weight loss...

Today was a good day... BUSY... but good.  We accidentally got to my daughter's therapy appointment an hour early, but it ended up being nice cuz she and I looked through magazines there and I found a really cool and useful article.

   (a)
 

It was from the FIRST for Women Magazine about how sea vegetables, (kelp and seaweed) can really assist with weightloss.  It was called "Escape the yeast-thyroid fat trap!" (If you scroll over the title, you can click on the link and read the entire article.)  The big things I got out of it was that sea vegetables help kill yeast (like yeast infections - candida albicans).  It also shows a tie between underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism, which I have and runs in my family) to candida albicans.

   (b)
 
 
Sea vegetables contain Iodine, which a deficiency in, is another known cause for hypothyroidism.  The article suggests people take between 1000-2000 mcg iodine even though the government recommends only 150.  It also mentions how injesting sea vegetables will reduce fat absorption into the body.  I was really happy to run across this article and highly recommend reading the article if you are Hypothyroid.  (Another interesting article I recommend looking at for Hypothyroidism is "Low Thyroid? The Symptoms and the Top Recommended NATURAL Steps to Overcome It" - you can scroll over this title also and click on it's link to the article as well.)

 
(Photo sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment